Mixed Bean SaladEveryday Food for another winner recipe!
- 1/2 pound green beans halved. (I used haricot verts – you want skinny and crunchy)
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can red kidney beans (I used small – I think would “look better” with the dark red, but I like the small beans better – your call)
- 1 shallot sliced very thin (mine was very large so I started with 1/2 and added another quarter after tasting)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves finely chopped (2 grocery store were inexplicably sold out so I used 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- Coarse salt and pepper
Boil green beans for 2-3 minutes in salted water and plunge immediately into water bath to stop cooking and cool. Drain and set aside.
Drain and rinse garbanzo beans and red kidney beans.
In large bowl whisk together cider vinegar, EVOO, sliced shallot, chopped oregano, and grainy mustard.
Add beans and stir to combine.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
220 calories, 8.5 g fat (1 g sat fat), 8.9 g protein, 27.1 g carb, 8.2 g fiber