Lemon Butter Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
I hadn’t decided to start blogging about dinner ideas when I grabbed this fabulous picture from Pinterest. The original pin was for a fabulous shrimp appetizer. But I decided to tweek it a bit and make a delicious and super easy weeknight dinner. Hubby was out so I cannot guarantee that I batted 1000 with this one. But the kids were IN LOVE. They gobbled it up and were putting dibs on who got to have it for lunch the next day before we were even done with dinner.
- 1 lb large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 stick butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 package Italian seasoning
- 1 lb Angel Hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter in jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie dish – I used my awesome stone jelly roll pan from Pampered Chef.
- Slice lemon very thin and lay in pan.
- Cover with shrimp.
- Shake Italian Seasonings over top of shrimp.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top pasta with shrimp and butter mixture.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.
As mentioned above this was a huge success. Do be aware that the picture from Pinterest and the original recipe were for an appetizer shrimp. Buy deveined shrimp or do it yourself. Do not use shrimp with tails! This is not supposed to a crunchy meal :-).
It also bothered me to no end to put an entire stick of butter in this. I didn’t want to deviate the first time, but next time I am playing around with ratios and cutting some of the butter out in favor of EVOO.
I had also planned to just shake my own idea of Italian Seasonings on but happened to see a package (that said “All Natural”) as I was walking down the dressing aisle so grabbed it instead. Probably a good thing I did. I would never have added as much seasoning as was in the package. And the reviews speak for themselves.
This is a definite winner. And coincided so nicely with all the nice weather we have been having recently. Just the kind of dinner you want on a gorgeous night!